Jan 4, 2011
YES!!! Absolutely! Crossfit is for EVERYBODY. Your needs and the Olympic athlete's differ by degree not kind. Increased power, strength, cardiovascular and respiratory endurance, flexibility, stamina, coordination, agility and balance are important for the world's best athletes and to our grandparents.
Of course, we can't load your grandmother with the same squatting weight that we'd assign an Olympic skier, but they both need to squat. In fact, squatting is essential to maintaining functional independence and improving fitness . . . WE ALL SQUAT!
Crossfit has tested its methods on sedentary, overweight, pathological, elderly and athletes and found that ALL these populations met the same success. If crossfit works for Olympic Skiers and overweight, sedentary individuals . . . then it will work for YOU.
~ Crossfit Journal on the "Foundations" of Crossfit
We don't have to persuade you that crossfit training is great coaching for athletes. When you see and/or participate in the workouts, you notice that right away. What is more difficult for us as coaches, is convincing the 'average' person of any age or fitness ability that they need crossfit.
If you answer "yes" to any of the statements below . . . then, crossfit IS for YOU:
1. You want to be able to pick up your grandchildren, lift them up over your head and watch them smile.
2. You want to be able to carry your groceries without difficulty.
3. You want to be able to get out of bed without assistance.
4. You want to enjoy your favorite outdoor activities for many years and live by this motto: "I'm never too old to _____________________!"
5. You want to be able to live independently for many, many years.
6. You want to excel at your sport.
If YES was followed after reading only ONE of the statements above, come see us. At Crossfit Mt. Adams, the class sizes are small for that 1 on 1 feel and ALL movements can be modified to any level of fitness or ability to move.
YOU need to commit AND crossfit will do the rest!