Start stocking your Kitchen for January 25th
What to get this week to put in your pantry:
canned tomatoes (diced, crushed, sauce and paste)
canned fish (boneless, skinless sardines, tuna, salmon)
coconut milk (canned)
nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, pistachios)
Okay, start here . . . let's gradually get our kitchen into Paleo tip-top shape the next few weeks.
Recipe of the Day: Perfect for a Saturday morning breakfast with the family!
Morning Glory Muffins
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1 tbls cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups carrots, grated
1 large apple, peeled, cored and grated
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup raisins
3 large eggs
2 tbls honey
1/2 cup coconut or avocado oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a standard-sized muffin pan
2. Combine almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in large bowl. Add carrot, apple, coconut, and raisins and combine well.
3. In separate bowl, whisk egg, honey, oil and vanilla extract together.
4. Pour this mixture over your dry ingredients and mix well. This batter will be very thick.
5. Spoon out into muffin pan and place on middle or upper rack of your oven for 40-50 minutes for large muffins and 20-30 minutes for standard muffin size.
6. When a toothpick inserted in the top of the muffin comes out clean, they are done.
7. Cool muffins in pan for 8-10 minutes and then remove to a rack to finish cooling.